A while back, Belle, who blogs at the aptly titled "The Life and Times of Belle" (it's an amazing blog! You have to all go and check it out!) nominated me for the Liebster Award! I know a few others have nominated me in the past--I'm sorry it's taken me so long to finish this survey. I think these awards are a great way to show all of you the weird things that I do. So without further ado...
- I can solve a Rubik's Cube. Well, I could a few years ago. Don't know if I can remember how to do it anymore!
- My favorite food is Italian. Gotta love me some carbs! I'm not going to lie, this might be one of the main reasons
- My sister is a freshman at college, and is majoring in theater. I miss her!
- I wanted to be an astronaut until I was an age I don't want to admit (I still kinda want to be an astronaut...have you guys seen this? They're looking for people to go to MARS!)
- I can't study in my dorm room at all.
- I'm seeing Aziz Ansari on March 23rd!
- I keep a file of my favorite quotes on my computer.
- I don't like Beyonce. Or at least I'm not as obsessed with her as the rest of America is right now.
- I'm obsessed with Burt's Bees.
- I'm a horrible cook. I haven't had much experience cooking and have somehow survived off of dining hall food for the past three years. Hopefully that will change in the near future. Some of my friends can make the greatest dishes, and I aspire to be them someday!
- I'm like Katniss when it comes to archery. It's a gift guys. Not that I want to brag or anything, but whenever I had to do archery in Girl Scouts or for gym class, I always nailed it. I even won some little archery award from Girl Scout camp when I was a kid. I haven't done it in years, though, so I'm sure the magic has worn off.
Belle's Questions (she asked some great ones!):
1. What is you favourite part of your bedroom? (mine's my picture wall!) My dorm bedroom isn't very exciting at all. It'd probably have to be my wall of equations for the MCAT (yep, saving that for another post).
2. What app couldn't you live without? Foursquare! I don't care if people know that I go to the library to study almost every day, I just want the badges.
3. What's your fave movie for snuggling up and watching on cold wintry afternoons? I don't have a favorite movie that I watch over and over again, but during the winter you'll probably find me watching all the movies that are up for Oscar nominations. I try to watch most of them before the ceremony!
4. Are you team Coca-Cola or team Pepsi? This isn't even a question. Of COURSE I'm Team Coca-Cola. I drink Diet Coke like it's water (and no, that's not a good thing)
5. What's your favourite breakfast?: Oatmeal! You can do so much with it--put in brown sugar, raisins, fresh fruit, you name it. Our health clinic at school sends out Facebook statuses once in a while and once posted that oatmeal is basically made up of "little pillows that soak up fat". I'm serious here. That's something I like to believe.
6. Would you rather go back in time to meet your ancestors or go into the future to meet your great grandchildren? Back in time--I'd rather see what the world was once like than see the future. Maybe I have a pessimistic view on society, but I feel like things were so much better fifty to a hundred years ago. Or least easier, in some respects.
7. Who's your favourite Disney character? Belle. I always was the bookworm in elementary and middle school--I'd literally read underneath my desk while the teacher was talking (yep, I was a rebel).
8. Would you rather have a years free Starbucks or free iTunes music? This is a tough one, but a year of free Starbucks would make me fat, as much as I would enjoy it. I have to go with a year of free iTunes music. That way I could discover new genres and artists.
9. Team Stefan or Team Damon? Team Damon! I always go for the underdogs.
10. Would you rather always be overdressed or under dressed? Overdressed. I don't judge people who wear sweatpants to class, but I personally can't get anything done if I do. I just feel like going back to sleep.
11. Do you like snow? Heck no, I'm DONE with it. It's basically turned all the roads and sidewalks into a sludgy, icy winter version of a slip n' slide.
I nominate....anyone who wants to be nominated!
If you want to do this meme, go ahead! I don't want to handpick people, I love everyone's blogs.
Here are your 11 questions, in a "This or That" format:
1. Mac or PC?
2. Ereaders or books?
3. Sweet or sour?
4. Winter or summer?
5. Lipgloss or lipstick?
6. Do you want to live in the city or the country?
7. Science/math or English/history?
8. Being too warm or being too cold?
9. Cats or dogs?
10. Many good friends or a few best friends?
11. Pens or pencils?
Thanks everyone and to Belle for nominating me!